- Guest tutor, The Octopus Program, Spring 2021
- Guest lecturer, external tutor and supervisor at the department for curatorial studies at Stockholm University, 2014-2021
- Guest lecturer (docent), Master’s of Artistic Research (MAR) at the Royal Academy of Art, KABK, The Hague, 2017-18 and 2020
- Lecturer and tutor, Latvian Center for Contemporary Art (LCCA) summer school, Kuldiga, Latvia, July 2018
- Guest lecturer Gerlesborgsskolan, Stockholm, March 2018
- Guest lecturer The Royal Institute of Art, KKH, Stockholm (since 2005):
Decolonizing Architecture (guest lecturer), 2020
Aesthetic Theory & Contemporary Art (monthly lecture and seminar with Lars-Erik Hjertström Lappalainen), 2015-17
Aesthetic Theory Intensive (1 week of lectures and seminars with Lars-Erik Hjertström Lappalainen), Spring 2015
Aesthetic Theory (6 lectures and 6 seminars with Lars-Erik Hjertström Lappalainen), Spring 2012
Performance Workshop (with Roy Vaara and Björn Norberg), 2007
Dept. For Constant transformation, Heterotopia workshop, 2006
Media Theory Course, Workshop and Symposium, 2006
- Tutor and guest lecturer Exhibiting Painting, collaborative course between KUVA Art Academy in Helsinki and the Royal Institute in Stockholm, Autumn 2014. Lecture, seminars, studio-visits, emanating in a collective student exhibition Exhibiting Painting at KUVA/TILA gallery, Helsinki, Finland, January 2015 and Exhibiting Painting 2.0. at Open Art, Örebro, Sweden, June 2015.
- Guest lecturer Pernbys målarskola, Stockholm, Autumn 2014
- Guest lecturer, KUVA, the Art Academy in Helsinki, Without Beginning and Without End (on painting) Lecture, seminars, studio-visits, Autumn 2013, Spring 2014
- Guest lecturer Det Jyske Kunstakademi, Aarhus, Humour. In theory. Lecture, seminar and workshops on humour, Spring 2013
- Guest lecturer, Icelandic College of Arts and Crafts, Reykjavik, Iceland
Documenting Process, lecture and seminar, January 2012
Workshop on Fear and Design, September 2007
- Guest lecturer, The Royal Institute of Art, School of Architecture
Experimental knowledge production centres, Spring 2020
The Other Within (Anthopophagy as Postcolonial Strategy), Autumn 2013
Beyond Development, Autumn 2009
Beyond Desire, 2008
Beyond Oil, Shanghai, Autumn 2007
South of Stockholm, Autumn 2006
Resources workshop on Alternative Economies 2006
Resources, Autumn 2005
- Guest lecturer, Philosophy, University of Iceland, Reykjavik, Iceland
Lectures on George Battialle, September 2007
- Guest lecturer, Södertörn University
Pedagogy, Autumn 2007
Art history, Autumn 2006
- Guest lecturer Royal Institute of Technology, KTH, School of Architecture
Horror Rescue (2 week course with Jenny Wiklund), 2004
Horror Rescue II (2 week course with Jenny Wiklund), 2005
- Examiner / External critique: MFA students, Royal Institute, KKH, Stockholm (2010, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016), Konstfack University (2011, 2018), The School of Photography, HFF, Gothenburg (2011) and curatorial Students at Stockholm University (2015, 2018). External examiner, BA Icelandic College of Arts (2016).
- Examiner / External critique Curator Lab, Konstfack University, 2019
- Highschool (Gymnasium) teacher, Kulturama Fria Gymnasium, 2004-2005 and autumn 2006.
Social science (Samhällskunskap), History of Culture and Ideas (Kultur och idéhistoria).
- Educational guided tours and other education for various groups at Mejan Labs, the Swedish Museum of Natural history, Moderna Museet, and various temporary exhibitions.
- Practice-based teaching in painting, saddle making and upholstery in various contexts including the tuition of an apprenticing saddler 1997-98 Reykjavík, Iceland.
Tutoring and mentoring:
- Mentor of curatorial Students at Stockholm University, 2016-2021
- Tutoring, and information for Art schools and curatorial students through Moderna Museet. Tutoring of interns and students from various curatorial programmes through my position at Iaspis 2009-13.
- Tutor at the Art & Science programme, MIT, Boston, MA, in conjunction a collaborative project by artists Nomeda & Gediminas Urbonas within the exhibition (I)ndependent People, 2012.
- Guest lecturer, external tutor and supervisor at the The school of dance and circus DOCH, KUVA and KKH (2014/15)
- Phenomenology of Eroticism, PhD-course, Philosophy, Södertörn University (SH) /University of Oslo, 2007
- Special Student, art-theory (post-graduate). Participant in KU-project Psychedelic Art and Culture with Lars Bang Larsen and Maria Hirvi, The Royal Institute of Art, KKH, 2006/07
- Documenting inFORMalities, Independent continuation of Art & Architecture 05, part-time, KKH 2006 + KKH 2007)
- Art and Architecture 05, theme The End, Multi-disciplinary post-graduate course focused on art, architecture, technology and social issues, KKH 2005
- Invisabilites/Osynlighter, Konst och Nya Media/ Art and New Media, Interdisciplinary course focused on Fine Art and New Media, in cooperation between KKH, Royal Institute of Technology (KTH), Karolinska Institutet and SH, PhD-level, degree issued by KTH, 2004
- Rationality of Understanding, Philosophy and Psychology course, Centre for Subjectivity Research, Copenhagen. PhD- level, University of Copenhagen, 2004
- Bachelor Thesis (C-uppsats), Art History, Södertörn University, 2015
- The Aesthetics Program, Degree of Master of Arts with a major in Philosophy, Södertörn University, 2004
- Art Theory, Konstfack University College of Art and Design, 2003
- Apprenticing Saddler, 1996 – 1998; Technical drawing, Fjölbrautaskolí Sudurlands, 1997; Icelandic Journeyman's certificate, 1998
- Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English, 1989
Commissions of trust (selection):
- Board member of the Nordic Art Association (NKF), Sweden
- Jury member (with Lina Selander), Maria Bonnier Dahlin's prize for young artists, 2020
- Editor in chief, writer and initiator with Lars-Erik Hjertström Lappalainen and Annika Von Hausswolff of tsnoK - Konst baklänges (Art backwards), on-line journal (since 2010)
- Ambassador, Nordic Culture Fund 2016-2020
- Jury member, Riga Photography Biennial Award 2019
- Jury member, Paul Peterssons Arbetsstipendium, Jönköping 2017,18,19
- Visual arts advisor for Nordic Global
- Advisor/nominator, Saastamoinen foundation, Helsinki and Academy of Fine Arts/University of the Arts Helsinki and the Resident - Fellow Program, 2017-18.
- Jury member for Apexart Franchise, 2011-12
- Member of the editorial board and text editor for the photographic journal Motiv (the journal was dismissed 2008)
- Member of the editorial board for Lacuna, a forum for literature and reviews.
- Board member, ICE, (Informal Constructions and Economy), Stockholm
- Editor and initiator of Filosofifabriken, with Björn Norberg, 2009-2010
- Student-representative on the board for the school of Media, Art and Philosophy, Södertörn University, 2000 – 2004
- Member of the planning group for node.stockholm 2008, 2009
- Project coordinator and member of Collegium for Fine Art and New Media, Stockholm, 2005-2006
Relevant administrative experience:
- Administrative and informational work at the School of Communication and Culture, Södertorn Unversity, 2006/07
- Project Manager for Medier-Estetik-Pedagogik, cooperation between Dramatiska Institutet and Södertorn University College.
- Project coordinator for the Collegium Art and New Media, The Royal Institute of Art, KKH, 2005, 2006
- Administrative and informational work at the School of Media (including Ladok, and course-descriptions), Art and Philosophy Södertörn University, 2004-06
- Assistant, Swedish unemployment office, Leksand, 1992-93
- Assistant, at the Länsarbetsnämnden, LAN, Örebro, 1991-92